Vallformosa is one of Spain’s leading wineries established in 1865 and actually one of the biggest producers of cava (# 4 producer).
We are located in the province of Penedès, near Barcelona, and following is a summary of our key offerings:
• We are present in more than 50 countries around the world.
• Vallformosa presses 100% of the grape must. No other large producer can say the same. This ensures not only the traceability but also regularity in the quality.
• High percentage of organic grapes, old vines and a large and growing percentage of grapes grown over +500 meters which allow a longer maturation time on the vine increasing aromas, complexity and taste.
• Throughout the years, we have been collecting numerous globally recognized awards that guarantee the quality of our products: International Wine Challenge, Japan Wine Challenge, Berliner Wine Trophy, International Wine & Spirit Competition, Vinari, GuiaPeñín, Decanter,to name a few.
• 12 months on the lees average for the second fermentation of cava (minimum by D.O. Cava is 9 months).
ENVIRONMENT & SUSTAINABILITY:
• We use 100% renewable energy.
• Recycle 91% of the production waste.
• Use 40% less water than the industry average.
• On-site water treatment plant.
• IFS, International Food Safety Standard.
• ISO 14001 Certified.
• Vegan certification for all of our wines and cavas.
With more than 150 years of history, we are wine and sparkling wine makers and our pillars are based on people, innovation, sustainability and differentiation in all its aspects. Vallformosa is a responsible and sustainable company in all its actions. We are committed to caring for our natural and social environment.